Whether it’s growing a few herbs in your kitchen or a vast garden, growing plants has so many benefits. I find that I can save money from eating them, avoid pesticides by growing them myself, and love caring for them everyday. Below I’ve posted a list of some gardening tips:
- This is my favorite, regrow your food! That’s right, with the stems or seeds of plants, you can continually grow them, whether it’s fruits, vegetables, or even potatoes
- Follow a calendar of when to plant
- Rather than pay for a few seeds at your local garden store, try saving seeds from plants you already have
- Utilize compost , newspaper, and mulch to never have weeds again with this method of gardening
- On that note, try composting – it’ll help you stay waste-free and is great for the soil
- If you don’t have room outside, you can grow some plants on your windowsill! Like an herb garden, potatoes, veggies, even bananas!
- Finally, check out a few tips to help your garden thrive