Meditation seems to be making its way into the mainstream at the moment, along with the concept of mindfulness. Mindfulness is kind of like meditating in all of your daily activities, you are aware, conscious, and observing in the present to keep yourself grounded in the moment. Although I personally struggle to keep up with meditation consistently, I have found a few resources and practices that make meditating and mindful living easier. Check them out below!
- If you’re just getting started with meditation, try the ten day trial on the Headspace App – it provides daily, 10 minute, guided meditations
- Until it becomes a habit, schedule meditation into your daily routine for just 10 minutes, even if you’re too antsy or preoccupied to stay with it that long, just try
- Focus on your breathing, even in everyday life. Anytime you can remember (maybe make it the background on your phone?) just keep tabs of your in and out breathes as you go throughout your day -especially in stressful or sad moments
- Try out some yoga classes-they combine mindful breathing with exercise!
- To be in the present moment we have to unplug more – yes this is the toughest to hear! But spending less time on social media, watching TV, or browsing the web can help you stay in the moment. Try a mindfulness challenge to help you start your journey!