I’m on the East Coast, so this list may be a little limited to that area, but I also have quite a few picks from abroad as well. Although part of being frugal is not eating out a lot, splurging sometimes on a meal out with friends can be a great prosocial spending opportunity, not to mention delicious! Not all are completely vegan, but all are either vegetarian or veg-friendly. Check out the list below, that I’ll be adding to with new experiences!
- Front Street Cafe – super hipster, super delicious; get the fried green tomatoes
- Hip City Veg – great fast-food like restaurant, I loved the portobello buffalo sandwich
North Wales, PA
- The Green Fork – so many vegan options, and almost everything can be “veganized”! They serve breakfast all day, so one of my favs, try the vegan french toast!
- Sweet Green – fantastic salad place, the spicy sabzi is delicious
- Red Emma’s – order any of the desserts and the tempeh grilled cheeze
- Land of Kush – the mac n cheese is to die for!
- La Rollerie – get the veggie burger
- Brunch and Cake – try the matcha pancakes
- Paper Island – so many great options, like vegan pizza, falafel, and tostones!
- Petros in Oia – dolmades and garlic dip are recommended
- Hank’s Pizza – try La Montagnarde
- Dar Poeta in Trastevere – get the marinara pizza with mushrooms added
Bethany Beach, DE
- Juice Box – healthy food by the beach! the sushi wrap and green lemonade are great
Ocean City, MD
- Barn 34 – best brunch! Not too many veg-friendly options, but the BEST acai bowl I’ve ever had!