Hello! I’m just in the midst of transitioning to my ~waste-free lifestyle~ and I have to say I’m kind of falling in love with this way of living! Every day is like an adventure to see what other waste/clutter I can start to phase out, and I feel so much healthier for it! I’ve been eating more plants (since they come package-free) as detailed in this post. Buttt one thing that has been very interesting is moving to a waste-free bathroom. Pretty much, this means I’m going to start making my own toiletries (from products in recyclable or reusable containers), including a few items listed below. It took some time to make them all and give my old stuff to my family, but I’ve been able to move to a waste-free bathroom pretty easily! Check out how below!
Waste-Free Bathroom Essentials
What to Buy
- A Compostable Bamboo Tooth Brush
- Hankies (if you’re willing)
- Castile Soap (for shampoo, also great for cleaning! Bottle is recyclable, or you can try to find refill pumps in health stores near you)
- Hair Rinse
- A Safety Razor – I’m going to be completely honest, I bought one and wasn’t thrilled with the results. Maybe I’m not using it correctly, but I can’t get a good shave with it, so I’ve been using my old plastic one, and trying it out when I have the patience. Let me know if you have any tips with it!
- Period Panties (or a menstrual cup or reusable pads, I have best experience with the underwear option!)
- Recycled Toilet Paper (you could use reusable, but you have to draw the line somewhere)
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Oil
- Arrowroot Powder
- Sea Salt
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- A set of glass jars (try travel size!)
What to Make
That’s it! If you want more info on going zero-waste, check out this No-Waste Lifestyle post. Thanks for reading!